submitted by Murad H.
CORE TEAM MEETING NOTES
Thursday May 25th 2012 @ 6:30PM | Seattle Center House
Attendees: Scottie M. ; Susan C.; Nancy C.; Shelley V.; Hafoc Y.; Marci M.; Stan R.; Craig M.; Cathy F.; Murad H.
· 5/26, 5/27, 5/28 work party at garden
· 5/29 dirt comes to the garden
· 6/2 garden opening and fundraising
· 6/6 meeting with Center School to involve them in art project. (3-4pm)
· Craig M. to measure the number of milk crates needed for ADA beds and let Scottie M. know by 5/25.
· Nancy C to send out email regarding what food people should bring for June 2nd opening.
· All gardeners to make a their own list of the projects or items that they feel are the needs of the garden. These items will get prioritized (process is TBD)
· Community needs to determine what are our goals for the first year of the garden.
· Need to create budget against these goals (i.e. activities and items needed for maintenance, bees, art, benches, education etc.)
· This weekend, working on laying the irrigation and adding fabric to terraces
· Dirt coming Tuesday, May 29th. Will be spread and groomed as part of the contract.
· Opening Day is June 2nd. Community to bring food. Will have fundraising cans for donations.
· Scottie contacted Smith Brothers, Inc and they are willing to donate milk cartons to fill ADA beds (no need to fill the entire ADA box with dirt).
· Discussed fundraising, goal setting, planning and budgeting
Murad, Sita and Craig met with the P-Patch Trust to discuss how to work with them.
P-Patch Trust is our gardens 501(c3) for taking donations (cash and in kind) and grants.
Trying to determine what is being covered by the city and what will have to be paid for by the community.
Need to determine what the goals of the p-patch will be for the 1st year.
Prioritize all the gardens needs against the goals.
Plan and budget these items.